Port of Sunderland
Price: £ POA
1-32 acres available in this municipally-owned port extending to 284 acres (115 ha), with extensive areas of land available for the development of port-related activities.
Barrack Street, Sunderland, SR1 2BU
Size: 1 - 50 Acres (0.40 - 20.23 hectares)
Contact: Matthew Hunt
Position: Port Director
Tel: +44 (0)191 561 2131
Municipally-owned port extending to 284 acres (115 ha), with extensive areas of land available for the development of port-related activities. The Port of Sunderland is developing a key specialism in the offshore wind & subsea engineering sector, while maintaining its reputation as a first-class location for other port-related business. In addition to existing premises within the port area, new facilities can be created in response to the particular needs of occupiers, including production space and storage areas with dockside access. Individual serviced plots of up to 50 acres with EZ status are immediately available, and larger sites can be configured in response to the requirements of major investment projects.
- extensive port facilities (including more than 2,500 metres of quayside and 40 tonne mobile cranes);
- 24 hour access to the North Sea for serving major offshore locations;
- close to the city centre;
- ideally located to draw on a large pool of skilled workers (the area is particularly strong in terms of engineering skills);
- highly secure, managed site, operated by port specialists with a proven track record of delivery;
- owned by Sunderland City Council, which is actively committed to developing port-related activity, including the offshore wind & subsea engineering sector.
Design and build opportunities. Details upon request.
A new access road (A1018) provides fast access to the A19. The port also benefits from direct rail access, onto the uncongested Durham Coast Route.
Distance to Newcastle International Airport: 25.74 km
Flight Information There are regular direct flights from Newcastle International Airport to destinations across the UK, Europe, Middle East and North America. In addition, over 450 international destinations can be accessed from Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Dubai. Flight times to London Heathrow are 1hr 10mins, Paris are 1hr 40mins, Amsterdam are 1hr 20mins, Dubai are 8hrs and New York are 7hr 45mins.
Closest port: Port of Sunderland 0.00 km
Want to know more?
Request further details below