Royal Quays Enterprise Park
Price: £ POA
Large development area of up to 30 hectares with excellent connectivity by road, rail and sea, easy access to riverside berths and EZ status
North Shields, NE29 6DW
Size: 74 Acres (29.95 hectares)
Contact: Louis Donaldson
Position: Estates Manager
Tel: 0191 455 2671
Only a 15 minute drive from the centre of Newcastle-upon-Tyne in North East England, Royal Quays Enterprise Park in North Shields comprises a large development area of up to 30 hectares with Enterprise Zone status.
Located less than 3km from open sea, the site offers a prime location with access to multiple riverside berths which accommodate both passenger and cargo vessels.
As part of the Port of Tyne estate, Royal Quays Enterprise Park can benefit manufacturers or retailers immediately, as it is fully integrated into a mature logistics infrastructure. With container, RoRo, ferry, bulk cargo, road and rail connectivity, the site offers a superb development opportunity to support and enhance the region’s strong engineering and manufacturing sectors.
North East England benefits from a multi-skilled, diverse workforce that is flexible and highly motivated with a strong work ethic. The region also benefits from competitive labour costs.
IDEAL FOR DEVELOPERS, INVESTORS OR BUSINESSES THAT ARE…
- Looking for a prime location ready for redevelopment
- Looking for a large site with easy access to riverside berths
- Regional, national or international
WHAT IS AN ENTERPRISE ZONE?
- Enterprise Zones are specific geographical areas within Local Enterprise Partnerships’ boundaries which can benefit from a range of incentives for businesses to start up or expand, such as:
- Simplified local authority planning, for example, through Local Development Orders that grant automatic planning permission for certain development (such as new industrial buildings or changing how existing buildings are used) within specified areas
- Government grants to install superfast broadband
- Enhanced capital allowances –tax relief for investments in equipment
Royal Quays Enterprise Park enjoys easy access to major road networks, with the A1 and A19 only a five-minute drive away. It is situated within close proximity to Newcastle, Durham and Sunderland. In addition, Newcastle International Airport and two main line rail stations are within minutes of the site, making it the ideal location for your business.
Distance to Newcastle International Airport: 16.27 km
Flight Information There are regular direct flights from Newcastle International Airport to destinations across the UK, Europe, Middle East and North America. In addition, over 450 international destinations can be accessed from Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Dubai. Flight times to London Heathrow are 1hr 10mins, Paris are 1hr 40mins, Amsterdam are 1hr 20mins, Dubai are 8hrs and New York are 7hr 45mins.
Closest port: Port of Tyne 0.90 km
Want to know more?
Request further details below